
NEXT! The third topic we explored in Mrs. Lawson's World History II class was Urbanization and Industrialization. In Chapter Nine of our text we learned about the second industrialization and how it changed many countries. During this time in history new resources were being discovered that could make everything faster and better. One invention had a very positive effect, the light bulb invented by Thomas Edison. This invention allowed people to work after dark to get more things done. This also allowed employers to have their factories open all night. However there was a negative side to this, with people working all the time and not making much money, the lower class people did not have much time at home with their children. Poor kiddies. Every invention had its ups and downs, for the rich it was mainly positive and the poor it had a pretty bad outcome.

If I could live anywhere in the world, I believe it would be Rome, Italy. It seems very interesting in that it has very nice stores and the city has interesting places to go. The Trevi Fountain, as pictured to the left, is where many couples go and throw coins into the fountain and make wishes. (: how cute! The fountain features Neptune, the god of the sea and has very cute lights for the night, so it is always beautiful. Source I: here! Another site that would be oh so beautiful to see is the Spanish Steps. I probably would not climb them all but it would be a nice spot to just sit and think or have a cute picnic with someone. I would love to live in Italy! <3 href="http://www.italyguides.it/us/roma/spanish_steps.htm">
No comments:
Post a Comment